Moorcroft Leader - The Voice of the Community Since 1909, Serving Moorcroft and Pine Haven, Wyoming

Beware of carbon monoxide poisoning, says fire chief

 

October 22, 2020



Pine Haven Fire Chief Don Lancaster warns area residents of the very real and often overlooked danger of carbon monoxide poisoning during this time of the year when people are turning on their furnaces as the weather turns ever colder moving into winter.

“Everybody needs to be checking their chimneys and furnaces, especially propane,” he says.

He advises people to examine their exhaust vents for bird nests and debris and be sure they are clear. According to the chief, one household was possibly exposed to the toxic gas last Monday night from a leak within their home.

...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021