November 25, 2021
Pursuant to the Wyoming Administrative Procedure Act and the Wyoming Public Service Commission’s (Commission) Rules, notice is hereby given that a public hearing is scheduled regarding the Application of Black Hills Wyoming Gas, LLC d/b/a Black Hills Energy (BHWG or the Company) requesting authority to remove $29,409,458 from its Gas Cost Adjustment (GCA) mechanism and implement a February Extreme Weather (FEW) rate for all customers taking service under its Regulated GCA Option as of February 28, 2021. The public hearing is set to commence on Wednesday, December 8, 2021, at 9:00 a.m., in the Commission’s hearing room located at 2515 Warren Avenue, Suite 300, in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
2. Black Hills Wyoming Gas conducts business as Black Hills Energy and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Black Hills Corporation. BHWG is a public utility as defined in Wyo. Stat. § 37-1-101(a)(vi)(D), subject to the Commission’s jurisdiction pursuant to Wyo. Stat. § 37-2-112. BHWG is engaged in the business of supplying gas utility service to customers throughout its service territory in Wyoming.
3. On April 30, 2021, BHWG filed its Application, requesting authority to implement a FEW rate of $0.1226 per therm, for all customers taking service under its Regulated GCA option as of February 28, 2021. On October 26, 2021, the Commission issued an Order Approving Rates on An Interim Basis granting BHWG’s Motion, requesting authority to implement its proposed FEW rate of $0.1226 per therm, on an interim basis, effective September 1, 2021, subject to refund. The Wyoming Office of Consumer Advocate, Archer Energy LLC and United Energy Trading intervened and requested a hearing.
4. All interested persons are encouraged to attend the public hearing which will be conducted in accordance with the Wyoming Administrative Procedure Act, Wyoming Public Service Commission Rules, and subject to any applicable national, state or local public health related orders or directives. All interested persons may appear and be heard, in person, by video or telephone conference, or through counsel appearing in person or by video or telephone conference.
Attend Zoom Meeting and actively participate at:
Attend by telephone and actively participate by dialing:
1-346-248-7799 or 1-253-215-8782
Meeting ID: 864 4654 9433
Any updates will be announced at: https://psc.wyo.gov/home/hot-topics.
5. The number of people in the Commission’s hearing room and auxiliary spaces will be limited to maintain recommended physical distance between individuals. Facemasks will be available at this Public Hearing.
6. If you wish to attend the hearing and you require reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact the Commission at (307) 777-7427 (Voice or TTY) in Cheyenne during regular business hours or write them at 2515 Warren Avenue, Suite 300, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002, to make arrangements. Communications impaired persons may also contact the Commission by accessing Wyoming Relay (TTY) by dialing 711. Please mention Docket No. 30026-45-GP-21 in your correspondence. If you wish to listen to the hearing scheduled in this matter go to https://psc.wyo.gov/calendar/livestream at the appropriate time and follow the instructions to connect to the hearing.
Publish: November 18 and 25, 2021