Moorcroft Leader - The Voice of the Community Since 1909, Serving Moorcroft and Pine Haven, Wyoming

Timing frustrates landfill inspection

Pit affected by fire caused by combustion of grass clippings

 

September 2, 2021

Grace Moore

Bad timing saw the DEQ inspectors arrive in the aftermath of a fire at the Moorcroft landfill.

The Moorcroft landfill was visited by a Department of Environmental Quality inspector last month and, as chance would have it, their arrival coincided with an enlarged "face" or open working area.

This enlargement was approximately twice the size of the accepted 50-75 feet due to the crew opening the space to level low spots and points eaten by a recent fire.

The fire was caused by combustion of yard waste mixed in the household garbage.

"It's a bad deal," Public Works Director Cory Allison said of bagging grass clippings with indoor trash. He went on, "It comes in other trucks from other...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 09/16/2021 18:52