November 16, 2023
Pursuant to the Wyoming Administrative Procedure Act and the Wyoming Public Service Commission’s (Commission) Rules, the Commission hereby gives notice of the Application of Black Hills Wyoming Gas, LLC d/b/a Black Hills Energy (BHWG or the Company) for authority to implement Wyoming Integrity Rider Rates.
1. BHWG is a public utility subject to the Commission’s jurisdiction. Wyo. Stat. §§ 37-1-101(a)(vi)(D), 37-2-112.
2. On October 30, 2023, BHWG filed its Application, together with testimony and exhibits, requesting authority to implement Wyoming Integrity Rider (WIR) Rates. The Company requests authority to implement its proposed WIR Rates, on an interim basis, on January 1, 2024, subject to refund, with final rates to be authorized on or before April 1, 2024. The Company’s proposed 2024 WIR Rates are as follows:
Customer Class Proposed 2024 WIR Rate (per therm)
Residential General Service ($0.0009)
Small General Service $0.0048
Medium General Service ($0.0033)
Large General Service ($0.0012)
On-system Transportation Service $0.0186
3. The WIR is a mechanism designed to recover costs arising between rate review filings, stemming from the Company’s investments in integrity programs aimed at improving system data and accelerating the replacement of higher risk pipe, including certain customer-owned yard lines. The WIR Rate is the sum of the actual and forecasted capital costs and eligible operating expenses for the Test Year and any previous Test Years, and the most recent WIR Deferred Balance and WIR true-up amounts. Because BHWG filed its General Rate Case earlier this year, costs for projects that would be collected in this filing were included in that General Rate Case filing, leaving only WIR Deferred Balance and true-up amounts in this filing.
4. The proposed 2024 WIR Rates only include the WIR Deferred Balance and the WIR true-up amounts. The proposed rates do not reflect the recovery of any capital investments as all eligible WIR Projects for the WIR 2022 and WIR 2023 Test years were included in the 2023 General Rate Case calculations. The proposed 2024 WIR Rates will decrease the monthly bills of a typical residential customer by $1.55 and decrease the typical Small General Service customer’s monthly bill by $1.41.
5. This is not a complete description of the Application. BHWG’s Application is available for inspection at the Commission’s offices in Cheyenne, Wyoming, or online at: https://dms.wyo.gov/external/publicusers.aspx (enter Record No. 17438).
6. Anyone desiring to file a statement, intervention petition, protest or request for a public hearing in this matter must do so, in writing, on or before December 4, 2023. A proposed intervention request for hearing shall set forth the grounds, and the position and interest of the petitioner in this proceeding. Please mention Docket No. 30026-84-GM-23 in your communications.
7. If you wish to participate in this matter and you require reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact the Commission at (307) 777-7427 or write to the Commission, 2515 Warren Avenue, Suite 300, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002. Communications-impaired persons may contact the Commission through Wyoming Relay by dialing 711.
Dated: November 3, 2023.
Publish: November 9 and 16, 2023